Tuesday 15 September 2015

IN MEMORY OF EVERY OTHER FALLEN HERO

This morning on my way to Ogun State I kept on receiving notifications via Whatsapp from one of the groups I am in. I told myself that today is not one of those days that people will run down my battery with their early morning gossip and decided to appeal to their conscience and let the group rest. Going through the discussion I couldn't help but join in the conversation as what was being discussed by my friends could melt the strongest heart.

Today has been all about Odusanya Babatope a fallen hero who died in active service. Babzy as he was well known by friends was killed sometime in March during one of military operations in the North.
Babzy would have been a year older today if death had not taken him out of this cruel world. He was in my set and even though I cant recall any personal encounter others didn't hesitate to pour their hearts out in the group and these are some of the things they said about him.

* If the dead do really look back you will see how much we miss you being with us. Happy Birthday friend, our own General that never was. we celebrate you today as you would have been a year older - YAKS

*Even in death, we will celebrate his birth and love for his country. Sun're oooo Babsy- DAVOUR

*My friend my house Captain and my shield from bullies...He was the best Captain Green house ever had. Never flogged juniors without a cause and did the portions that were left undone before leaving for class. You are well celebrated, we love you but God loves you more- ORO

*What can i say Babsy was a real character, from his love for ebs and his ability to dance like the guy in Boney M, to his ability to call people to order when they are misbehaving. He was just a joy giver, the abudu bwen bwen master we miss you bro - UFEDOJO

*Words will never express just how un quantifiable the loss is, either ways we celebrate the few impact-FULL years. Babzy metamorphosed in serving our nation and we remember you today like you were never gone #SleepOnSoldier - IBITOYE





* Always in our hearts - PAPPY

*RIP greatman, Babzy valued friendship and did everything necessary to keep friends close even if it meant calling during one of their early morning parades while in NDA like he did on few occasions. Much respect SIR - TOJU

*I like that nigga he ignited my passion for the military hope to be there someday - PEDI

*Babatope Odusanya i feel really bad that he always made efforts to come look for me anytime i was in Lagos and I didnt reciprocate the gesture before he left....its all good. Life is fleeting, May God help us all - LESHO


Going through all the write ups i remembered this quote that  'YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE AND IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, ONCE IS ENOUGH'.  So I want to use this medium to honour every other fallen hero who has laid down his life for his nation and to also console the ones they left behind. I want us to also ask ourselves what we would be remembered for after we have left this place. 

Babzy lived his dream of being a soldier, although his peers never took his words to heart. Little wonder he always said 'FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS'. Before his demise he left behind a wife who he married in December 2014. I pray God grants her the strength to celebrate her husband on this day as he is being celebrated by friends and not mourned.


2 comments:

  1. Babzy was a great guy honestly. We were not that close in school, but after school, he always made the effort to reach out, and thats why I hold him in such esteem. So sad to lose greatness in the making. Sleep well Babzy, you remain my man - LESHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was such a great fellow. As little as we were in jss 1 he will match around in class n say he will be a 2 star General, we didn't take him seriously cos everyone was gonna be a doctor, an engr or a lawyer. But before most of us got admissions he was in d NDA. He always said "Live ur dream". Unfortunately he didn't make it to be decorated as a Captain but for as much as life permitted he lived his dream. RIP dear friend, today u would have turned 28 but God knows best. Pedi

    ReplyDelete