Tuesday 18 August 2015

How Far are we willing to go?



I had a flat tire on returning from a long trip and after changing to my spare tire, I decided to stop over at a vulcaniser shop about a kilometer away to fix the bad tire so that I don't get stranded before I get to Akwa Ibom. Shortly after he started fixing the punctured tire, a neighbor who does other services close to his shop walked closer to him and continued a quarrel between both of them, which must have started before I got there. So I kept silent while listening. I was shocked to hear the neighbor accuse the vulcaniser of dropping nails some distance away on all the three roads leading to the junction where his shop is located. The neighbor claims that this guy does that early in the morning each day before the start of work. That way he is guaranteed of having customers with punctured tires crawling slowly into his shop after picking the nails. After saying that, the neighbor walked away satisfied that he has exposed him just like the vulcaniser did to him over another matter before I arrived.
How could Nigerians be so wicked while trying to make money?
Of course it did not happen to me, happened to a friend of mine. Lol I never get car na and for the records this is no fiction.
How did we get to this stage, where our bid for financial gain is more important than the life of another man? Did this Guy stop to think of what might happen if the driver was on high speed? I just can’t rap my head around this story. It is really sad how low we can go now these days for money.
The aim of this blog post is not really to create a frenzy about the actions of the vulcaniser, let us leave him to his God. The aim of this post is to make you ask yourself this question. HOW FAR AM I WILLING TO GO FOR CASH? I am not a preacher but I am sure this is what the bible meant when it said “the love for money is the root of all evil”. We are not going to ask you to raise your hands, but if you have crossed the line in your bid to create that future you want, it’s never too late to stop. As for those of you that have not yet crossed the line, you should have a pre-agreed limit to what you will not do in the name of “HUSTLE”.
I want this cash as much as you want to, but we must do it right.
Proverbs 13 vs 11 “Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.” ESV



2 comments:

  1. It is crazy the extent we can go at times in our quest to acquire wealth... We must put caution to our affinity for greed, reduce the pressure that comes to us and live within our limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is aside from the usual trade by barter girls practice with their bodies for 'that tainted thing, money'.
    I haven't found myself in a very very very dire situation but I have been close, still I persevered.
    All we say is, "Let God give us the strength to hold firm to His word even when things gets really bleak".

    ReplyDelete